On 3/24/20 3:37 PM, Corentin wrote:

On Tue, 24 Mar 2020 at 18:58, Hubert Tong <hubert.reinterpretcast@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 1:41 PM Tom Honermann via SG16 <sg16@lists.isocpp.org> wrote:
On 3/24/20 10:36 AM, keld--- via SG16 wrote:
> thee is already an iso std for this namely iso 15897.
> it is posix compatible and compatible with c and c++
>
> and it is compatible with the iana registry, made by some of the same people

Keld, I don't understand this reference.  From what I can tell, ISO
15897 doesn't specify a set of encoding names.  What we're looking for
is a set of names to use to refer to specific encodings.
The "charmap" entries look to be what is being referred to.

Please note the incompleteness of this list

I think it would be helpful for a revision of P1885 to list these additional name sources and to identify the disjunctive union of their members.

Tom.

Tom.