Is there an open access version of 14652 ? It sounds like an extension of chapters 6 and 7 of the Posix spec? The ISO desc mentions APIs that will be developed? Also it looks like the spec is currently withdrawn, is there a replacement? https://www.iso.org/standard/37069.html

On Mon, Apr 29, 2019 at 2:11 PM <keld@keldix.com> wrote:
On Mon, Apr 29, 2019 at 02:00:23PM -0400, Steve Downey wrote:
> Not "some". I want the entire set of Unicode functionality as a first class
> citizen, although some of them have higher priority than others.

I am willing to consider support for all of unicode functionality.
much is however not defined by unicode. and not in a c/c++ style
I think some unicode is not well designed, like ucs16.
(the stuff they copied from me, however, is ok:-)

> Keld, what capabilities not provided by Unicode algorithms and databases
> are you concerned about not being supported? I've been doing text
> processing a lot, and working with code points or scalar values has made my
> life easier, with less complaints from my customers. Well, except for a few
> who don't like CDATA in XML dumps, but were somehow OK with utterly broken
> XML.

i did a number of designs that they have not yet copied, eg in 14652, and posix has some
non-unicode stuff on the way.

keld