[isocpp-sg16] Confirming my understanding of Unicode source files

From: Alisdair Meredith <alisdairm_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2024 11:37:08 -0400
If I have an implementation that accepts only valid UTF-8 encoded
source files, is the following correct:

If I have a line-splice in the middle of the encoding of a UTF-8 code
point, then I have a badly encoded source file that should be rejected.

If I have a line-splice in the middle of an identifier separating a combining
character (such as an accent) from the character it combines with, that
should be valid as the combining character is expected to modify the next
element in the source file, not the line-splice character, as the line-splice
token is direction to the translator on how to proceed to that next element.

AlisdairM