Re: Agenda for the 2024-04-24 SG16 meeting

From: Tom Honermann <tom_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2024 01:08:47 -0400
On 4/20/24 5:39 PM, Jens Maurer via SG16 wrote:
> I think in order to make progress here, you should present an outline
> of specific changes you would like to see in the C++ standard text,
> referring to specific subclauses and paragraphs.

I think a different step should be taken first. *In a new email thread*
(do not continue to hijack this thread), explain precisely, with
examples, how you believe you have been negatively impacted by the
features you have mentioned. For example, answer these questions
cherry-picked from the set of features that you mentioned. Be specific
and quantify the impact.

  * What do you believe restricts your use of your preferred source file
    encoding?
  * Why do you want to use char8_t, char16_t, and char32_t for
    non-Unicode encodings?
  * How does the P1949R7 identifier syntax restrict code you would like
    to write?
  * How is support for named-universal-characters (\N{xxx}) problematic
    for you?

Tom.