Proposed SG16 2024 C++ Developer Survey questions

From: Tom Honermann <tom_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2024 11:20:01 -0500
The 2024 C++ Developer Survey will be taking place in the near future. I
checked in with Herb and we might be able to get a question added if it
isn't too domain specific.

For those of you that have been following SG16 for a while, you might
recall discussions back in 2022 to identify candidate questions to be
proposed. Those discussions occurred during the 2022-06-08
<https://github.com/sg16-unicode/sg16-meetings/blob/master/README-2022.md#june-8th-2022>
and 2022-06-22
<https://github.com/sg16-unicode/sg16-meetings/blob/master/README-2022.md#june-22nd-2022>
SG16 meetings and reduced the initial 20 or so candidate questions to
the five that remain in the proposal doc
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lRU7uErn2Vc7LOGG2H3PrzCvmf69u8S_v-43by_Vb9c/edit#heading=h.9chgkwmj8rma>
(Questions 11, 12, 13, 17, and 18). I reviewed those and have to admit
that I don't find any of the multiple selection questions compelling as
I don't see how the answers would impact our efforts. The open ended
question (18) is, I think, the only one that might provide actionable
information.

Feel free to review the questions posed in the 2023 C++ Developer Survey
<https://isocpp.org/files/papers/CppDevSurvey-2023-summary.pdf> for
inspiration. Perhaps the following changes to the existing questions
would be useful?

  * Q6: Which of these do you find frustrating about C++ development?
      o Add "Unicode, internationalization, and localization".

Please share your thoughts. If you would like to see a question
added/modified, what is your suggestion and how would you expect it to
affect decisions we make and how we direct our efforts.

Tom.