Re: Agenda for the 2024-01-24 SG16 meeting

From: Mateusz Pusz <mateusz.pusz_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2024 17:54:47 +0100
I would love to get some official recommendations on which exact Unicode
characters to use. But that will be needed for the follow-up papers with
systems definitions.

First, we have to agree on the design of the framework. This is why we
should find out how to define units and other entities with identifiers so
that they can be printed properly in Unicode and non-Unicode mode on all
the available character types. See some examples at
https://isocpp.org/files/papers/P3045R0.html#symbol-definition-examples.

Also, I would love to hear your feedback on
https://isocpp.org/files/papers/P3045R0.html#quantity-formatting. To make
the formatting of quantities efficient, we need to introduce the
composition/nesting of formatters. I think that the replacement field is
the best way to do so, but instead of taking the value from the
`std::forward` argument list, it gets it from the type being formatted
based on the provided identifier that starts with '%'. It collides a bit
with named arguments but we can always reserve identifiers starting with
'%' for member access.

Best

Mat

śr., 24 sty 2024 o 17:50 Steve Downey via SG16 <sg16_at_[hidden]>