Re: Referencing the Unicode Standard

From: Tom Honermann <tom_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2022 20:21:36 -0500
On 12/4/22 9:16 AM, Corentin via SG16 wrote:
> Hey folks.
> First draft updating some references to the Unicode standard (and more
> importantly replacing ISO-10646).
> I'm hoping to get early feedback :)
>
> https://isocpp.org/files/papers/D2736R0.pdf

Thanks for the paper, Corentin. I'm sorry I failed to notice the link
here and to get this paper scheduled.

I spent some time reading it tonight. It looks good so far.

I think the "Control code aliases" table
<http://eel.is/c++draft/tab:lex.charset.ucn> in [lex.charset]p5
<http://eel.is/c++draft/lex.charset#5> can be (and should be) removed
with these changes and p(5.2) <http://eel.is/c++draft/lex.charset#5.2>
updated accordingly. Actually, I think p(5.2)
<http://eel.is/c++draft/lex.charset#5.2> can be removed and p(5.1)
<http://eel.is/c++draft/lex.charset#5.1> merged with p5
<http://eel.is/c++draft/lex.charset#5>. The listed control aliases are
present in NameAliases.txt