Re: Agenda for the 2022-10-12 SG16 telecon​

From: Corentin Jabot <corentinjabot_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2022 11:38:35 +0200
At the risk of spoiling

E.2.1 and E.5 (https://eel.is/c++draft/uaxid) are a repeat of [lex.name]
Everything else in [uaxid] is a list of things C++ does not conform to,
mostly because none of these things would apply one way or another.

A note (or other form of mention) in [lex.name] stating "C++ conforms to
UAX31 by meeting the requirements R1 'Default Identifiers' and R4
'Equivalent Normalized Identifiers'. Other requirements do not apply."
would carry the same meaning.

Beside the maintenance burden of an annex that is not information dense,
and the fact that the conformance information is more useful to have in [
lex.name], as C++ adds Unicode support (for example unicode regex), having
an annex per UAX/TR does not seem practical or desirable.

Note that I'm not opposed to mentioning the conformance information, quite
the opposite, it's very useful information.
I'm just saying an annex which is by large a list of requirements not met
is less useful than having the information available where it's relevant,
in a more concise form.