Re: Agenda for the 2022-10-12 SG16 telecon​

From: Steve Downey <sdowney_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2022 19:29:11 -0400
US-64 was supposed to have a matching paper, but it looks like it got
folded inline. In any case https://isocpp.org/files/papers/P2653R0.pdf

  UAX #31 describes how languages that use or interpret patterns of
characters such as regular expressions or number formatscomputer languages,
may describe that syntax with Unicode properties.
  C++ does not do this as part of the language, deferring to library
components for such usage of patterns. This requirement does not apply to
C++.
  C++ does not use the methods or properties in UAX #31 to do this. It
instead uses the whitespace and syntax characters defined in [lex] to
describe the white space characters and the basic source characters used to
define syntactic elements other than identifiers.

Wordsmithing more than welcome.