What does "Execution Character Set" refer to these days?

From: Steve Downey <sdowney_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 15:04:21 -0400
There are 5 remaining mentions of Execution Character Set in the draft:

   -

<https://eel.is/c++draft/character.seq.general>

[character.seq.general] (1.2)
The execution character set and the execution wide-character set are
supersets of the basic literal character set ([lex.charset]). The encodings
of the execution character sets and the sets of additional elements (if
any) are locale-specific.
[Note 1: The encodings of the execution character sets can be unrelated to
any literal encoding. — end note]

3.35[defns.multibyte]
multibyte character
sequence of one or more bytes representing the code unit sequence for an
encoded character of the execution character set

[lex.charset] 6
A literal encoding or a locale-specific encoding of one of the execution
character sets ([character.seq]) encodes each element of the basic literal
character set as a single code unit with non-negative value, distinct from
the code unit for any other such element.

Is it the set of all possible characters in any encoding that is supported?
Because that seems an awfully broad set.

While it's probably worthwhile not to break someone's existing C++
reference material, I'm not sure we have a crisp and clean definition here,
nor am I sure that multibyte character should be tied to it?

I don't have any concrete suggestions here, but I was trying to help
someone else understand the new model, and they had questions that were
harder to answer than I expected.