Re: [isocpp-core] On implementing P2071

From: Jens Maurer <Jens.Maurer_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 08:03:38 +0200
On 14/04/2022 06.29, Tom Honermann wrote:
> Peter Brett submitted WG2 N5168 <https://www.unicode.org/wg2/docs/n5168R1-ISO10646.pdf> late last year and the WG2 project editor followed up with WG2 N5174 <https://www.unicode.org/wg2/docs/n5174-namesaliases.pdf>; a proposal to address the reported concerns regarding name aliases. The proposed changes add a normative reference to NameAliases.txt and, hopefully, clean up the presentation some.

In general, I'm uneasy to refer to normative resources maintained outside
of the ISO system. In ISO, I know what the process of revision and review
is; for external resources, I don't. ISO probably has a way to publish
machine-readable files alongside a standard, too. It appears that
WG2 is following a different approach for ISO 10646, though.

> Perhaps it would be worthwhile reaching out to the WG2 project editor to report the difficulties you are encountering. Perhaps he would be amenable to addressing them editorially or in a revision of WG2 N5174.

I seems this comment is addressed to Corentin, who reported difficulties
in the first place?

Jens