Agenda for the 2022-02-23 SG16 telecon

From: Tom Honermann <tom_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 12:41:51 -0500
SG16 will hold a telecon on Wednesday, February 23rd at 19:30 UTC
(timezone conversion
<https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20220223T193000&p1=1440&p2=tz_pst&p3=tz_mst&p4=tz_cst&p5=tz_est&p6=tz_cet>).

The agenda is:

  * Discuss objectives and priorities for C++26

We do not currently have any papers ready for review in our queue
<https://github.com/cplusplus/papers/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3Asg16+-label%3Aneeds-revision+>;
we're still awaiting updates (from me) for LWG3576
<https://github.com/cplusplus/papers/issues/1090> and LWG3639
<https://github.com/cplusplus/papers/issues/1150>, and P2491
<https://wg21.link/p2491> is expected to be resolved when P1885
<https://wg21.link/p1885> is next reviewed and approved by LEWG. This
leaves us in the position of needing to solicit new papers or encourage
new paper revisions.

We do have 8 papers
<https://github.com/cplusplus/papers/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3Asg16+label%3Aneeds-revision+>
that are awaiting revisions. Please review that list and be prepared to
offer encouragement if you would like to see those papers progressed in
the near future.

The last time we had an objectives-and-priorities discussion was during
our 2020-05-13 telecon
<https://github.com/sg16-unicode/sg16-meetings/blob/master/README-2020.md#may-13th-2020>.
Please review that discussion to refresh your memory of previously
discussed work that has not been completed and might be good candidates
for future prioritized work.

Please also review the list of papers on our primary github page
<https://github.com/sg16-unicode/sg16>. Note that many of the papers in
the WG21 active list are on track for acceptance in C++23 (though that
is not currently reflected on the page).

Finally, please review the list of topics we prioritized during our
inaugural meeting in San Diego in 2018. The priority poll results are at
the bottom of this wiki page
<https://wiki.edg.com/bin/view/Wg21sandiego2018/P1238R0>.

As an outcome of this meeting, I'd like to (again) have general answers
for the following questions:

  * How are we doing relative to the directives in P1238R1
    <https://wg21.link/p1238r1>?
      o This paper is well overdue for an update. What should be
        removed? What should be added?
  * What is our vision for C++26? (What would be our elevator pitch?)
  * What features need additional prioritization? What features will
    need implementation and/or deployment experience?
  * What should we do to solicit new SG16 members and/or encourage new
    papers?

Tom.