Re: [SG16] Agenda for the 2021-10-20 SG16 telecon

From: Steve Downey <sdowney_at_[hidden]>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2021 18:00:48 -0400
Find attached a draft of Named universal character escapes. It provides
rebased wording based on EWGs last directions, alternatively provides
wording for UCNs rather than escapes, in light of p2290 Delimited Escape
Sequences, and additionally emphasizes we are choosing to ignore how the
Unicode standard recommends that Names should be matched against the
Unicode Database, and provides a wording alternative for that.

Wording has not been reviewed, but doesn't change significantly from past
versions, except that changes to 5.13.5 [lex.string] paragraph 14
<http://eel.is/c++draft/lex.string#14>: no longer seem to be necessary, as
the new machinery takes care of everything. I believe.

We have a slot in EWG on the 7th, unless something has changed, for this
paper. I can do more wording work after this, although the primary goal, in
my opinion, is to get design agreement for '23.