Re: [SG16] P2362R0 Make obfuscating wide character literals ill-formed

From: Peter Bindels <peterbindels_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2021 16:23:47 +0200
I value portable code highly. If we have known platforms, and a competing
proposal that makes the Windows situation well-formed, it makes this an odd
sell to me. I do not want a specification that requires code to compile on
Unix and fail on Windows, even if it is not currently according to spec and
somehow unportable code.

Blocking multi-character literals, sure. Blocking some single-character
literals as IFDR when they work fine on other platforms, that's just not
right. I don't think I like either variant - making it ill-formed on Unix,
or to allow it on Unix while making it ill-formed on Windows.