Re: [SG16] Questions for LEWG for P2093R4: Formatted output

From: Steve Downey <sdowney_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 11:09:31 -0400
This is apparently part of the wide-oriented stream support? Extending
the conversion from wchar encoding to bytes ?

       In addition to the above characters, *fopen*() and *freopen*()
       support the following syntax in *mode*:

           *,ccs=**string*

       The given *string* is taken as the name of a coded character set
       and the stream is marked as wide-oriented. Thereafter, internal
       conversion functions convert I/O to and from the character set
       *string*. If the *,ccs=**string* syntax is not specified, then the
       wide-orientation of the stream is determined by the first file
       operation. If that operation is a wide-character operation, the
       stream is marked wide-oriented, and functions to convert to the
       coded character set are loaded.