Subject: Request to review SG16 material in P2139
From: Alisdair Meredith (alisdairm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-07-15 10:40:21

On Monday I presented P2139 reviewing the deprecated feature in
Annex D to the LEWG(I) telecon. It was noted that the clauses
D.20 -> D.23 all seem SG16 related. The consensus on each was
to remove them from C++23 and rely on the zombie names clause
so that library vendors will continue to make these features available
as long as they serve their own customer base, but there was also a
request that SG16 specifically sign off that we have no objections to
their removal.

There will be an updated paper in the July mailing, but for these
sections, all it says is that LEWGI is in favor of removal pending
SG16 confirmation.

AlisdairM