Subject: Re: Concatenating unicode string literals
From: Jens Maurer (Jens.Maurer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-07-09 14:16:02

On 09/07/2020 18.28, Tom Honermann wrote:
> On 7/8/20 3:15 PM, Jens Maurer wrote:
>> Since all four well-known C++ implementations appear to
>> produce an error for the test cases at
>> https://compiler-explorer.com/z/4NDo-4
>> I'm fine with specifying these as ill-formed.
>
> I'm fine with that as well.
>
> Jens, would you consider such a change as evolutionary given that we don't know of any implementations (so far) that actually support these concatenations?

I'm not the one to make the call here.
Strictly speaking, it changes the standard for some feature from
"conditionally-supported" to "ill-formed", which does sound a bit
evolutionary, in particular since we depart a little further from
C here.

However, personally, I'm ok with this going to Core right away.

JF should make the call here.

Jens