Re: [SG16] Wide characters with multiple c-chars

From: Jens Maurer <Jens.Maurer_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2020 09:02:09 +0200
On 02/07/2020 09.09, Corentin via SG16 wrote:
> Hello,
> As part of https://wg21.link/p2178r0,

We haven't really talked about P2178 and its multitude of small-ish
changes in SG16.

> I would like to make *wide* characters litteral with multiple c-char (ie: L'abc') ill-formed

For this particular item, I'd like to have WG14 take the lead:
If they remove the feature, WG21 should follow.

If (for whatever reason) WG14 decides to keep the feature,
there are insufficient reasons for WG21 to spend resources
to remove the feature on its own.

There are zero ripple effects from this conditionally-supported
misfeature, and we have far bigger fish to fry.

As a first step, I'd suggest you file a bug report with MSVC
for the wide multi-character literal case to give a warning
(this likely being a typo).

Jens