Re: [SG16-Unicode] [isocpp-lib] New issue: Are std::format field widths code units, code points, or something else?

From: Victor Zverovich <victor.zverovich_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2019 07:35:45 -0700
I'll report back my findings in a paper. It may not be solvable perfectly
but I think we can come up with a good practical approximation that
addresses the main use case and I'm fine with not addressing esoteric ones.
People somehow manage to write CLIs that do this and work with fancy emojis
and Asian scripts even in C =).

- Victor