Re: [SG16-Unicode] P1689: Encoding of filenames for interchange

From: Lyberta <lyberta_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2019 02:17:00 +0000
Thiago Macieira:
> [*] The only remaining issue is the perfectly valid case of setting LC_ALL=C
> in the environment for reading other tools' output. I would recommend just
> ignoring that.

I think if the machine-readable output depends on locale, the author of
the program seriously messed up.

Corentin:
> Supporting non displayable characters in build tools has no value. For
> anyone. "Someone might do that" is the reason we don't have nice things.

100% agree. If the user has non-UTF paths, the job of the build system
is to show message "Mate, you shot yourself in the foot. Fix your file
system." It's that simple.

> int main(int argc, char *argv[])

So,

int main(std::span<std::unicode::text_view> args)

then?