Re: [SG16-Unicode] SG16 review of P0267R9 - 2D graphics

From: Corentin Jabot <corentinjabot_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2019 11:45:37 +0200
On Sun, 14 Jul 2019 at 11:23, Lyberta <lyberta_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Corentin:
> > A more interesting question is whether the API should expect a higher
> level
> > text object rather than a sequence of code units. Afaik fonts operate on
> > code point sequences
> Code point sequences or scalar value sequences?

codepoint presumably - the intent is of course scalar value but it seems
difficult to enforce
codepoint that are not scalar values would just be replaced by �

I think the question whether well formness of text should be enforced by
construction
needs to be answered more generally. I do not think i have an opinion
either way,
I think providing APIs such that it is hard to construct a sequence of code
point that is not a sequence of scalar values is sufficient.