Re: [SG16-Unicode] SG16 review of P0267R9 - 2D graphics

From: Corentin <corentin.jabot_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2019 09:10:35 +0200
To add some data point, Qt, gtk, skia, SDL, Cocoa and others expect utf-8
encoded text.

On some platform conversation are required and there may be several
conversions depending on what the encoding of the font used to render is.

I would caution against designing an API intended to communicate with human
beings that would make it painfully difficult to do so.

A more interesting question is whether the API should expect a higher level
text object rather than a sequence of code units. Afaik fonts operate on
code point sequences