Re: [SG16-Unicode] SG16 approval for LEWG to review std::filesystem::path_view

From: Lyberta <lyberta_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2019 22:55:00 +0000
Niall Douglas:
> So we really don't expect null termination. We do expect that path views
> will be subsets of larger path strings, and that THOSE will be null
> terminated.

I'm working on a proposal that will add string literals of strong types
and those won't be NUL-terminated. I think std::basic_string and
std::basic_string_view are a very bad choice for Unicode and modern C++.
If this passes, there won't be any NUL-terminated strings in user code
anymore and reading the code unit after the end of the string will be UB.