Re: [SG16-Unicode] Namespaces

From: Steve Downey <sdowney_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2019 16:45:50 -0400
I'm not placing ECS and WECS?

I'd also like to see it be possible for vendors to supply extended
encodings, as they do for locale today. We might want to stash those in a
sub-namespace. In particular, while not mandating it, I would like to
encourage vendors to supply the whatwg user agent required list. Although
if the spec is open for extension in the right direction, it becomes less
critical, as someone else can provide the library. Locale, as specified, is
only usefully extensible by the vendor. Posix does provide extension
mechanisms, but neither C or C++ is required to use that.