Re: [SG16-Unicode] P1208R3 / source_location

From: Robert Douglas <rwdougla_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2019 12:17:44 -0600
Historical footnote, these are intended to be as drop-in as possible for
existing facilities. __FILE__ is a "character string literal," which gets
it's null termination in phase 7. Since we are accessing these at run-time,
we should thus expect these to be NTBS. Changes to this expectation would
be a deviation from these being a drop-in replacement to __FILE__ and
__func__. Note that [dcl.fct.def.general]
 p 8 defines __func__ as an implementation-defined string as if static
const char __func__[] = "function-name "; which implies, also, an NTBS.
This is the reasoning for NTBS. To do otherwise, would deviate this feature
from __FILE__ and __func__, which it is designed to replace.