Re: [SG16-Unicode] [isocpp-core] Feedback on P1139: Address wording issues related to ISO 10646

From: Jens Maurer <Jens.Maurer_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2019 23:32:37 +0100
On 01/30/2019 11:11 PM, Hubert Tong wrote:
> Where the text says:
> If a /universal-character-name/ does not correspond to any character in ISO/IEC 10646 [ ... ].

That in itself is undesirable: We expressly do not want to have an ever-changing table
of valid characters in the compiler, so the normative statement here is undecidable.

What we want to say is that UCNs having values outside of 0x0-0x10FFFF are ill-formed.

Which tokens to pick from the Unicode vocabulary to say that is another matter...

Jens