Subject: Re: [SG16-Unicode] code_unit_sequence and code_point_sequence
From: Lyberta (lyberta_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-08-03 01:14:00

Tom Honermann:
> Text_view supports (C++17) range-based-for as you used it above today.
> See https://github.com/tahonermann/text_view#overview. Support for code
> point properties is still missing though.  I think a key difference is
> that you intend code_point_sequence to be a container (not a view).  If
> so, I still prefer a more abstract std::text type that supports code
> point (and code unit and EGC) enumeration.
>
> Tom.

text and text_view are supposed to work with grapheme clusters.
code_point_sequence and code_point_sequence_view work with code points.

the range-for behavior is different if text contains diacritics and
other combining characters.

I expect text and text_view to have to_code_points() member function
that will return either code_point_sequence or code_point_sequence_view.

SG16 list run by herb.sutter at gmail.com