Re: [SG16-Unicode] code_unit_sequence and code_point_sequence

From: Martinho Fernandes <rmf_at_[hidden]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2018 13:33:21 +0200
Apologies for the double message. I forgot to "reply to list".

On 19.06.18 11:53, Lyberta wrote:

The proposed text_view takes TextEncoding and there are
std::utf16[be,le]_encodings that satisfy TextEncoding. This is breaking
abstraction and making user code more complicated.
Can you explain how the user code becomes more complicated? Perhaps with
examples?
text_view and
code_point_sequence shouldn't take encoding schemes as template
parameters, only encoding forms. Essentially, TextEncoding is as
horrible as std::basic_string in its design.
Can you explain why it shouldn't take encoding schemes? There is no
explanation here, and it isn't clear to me why not.

-- Martinho