On Mon, Apr 25, 2022 at 8:15 AM Daniel Ruoso via SG15 <sg15@lists.isocpp.org> wrote:
Em seg., 25 de abr. de 2022 às 09:06, Peter Dimov <pdimov@gmail.com> escreveu:
> All that's also true without modules, but we still make it possible for
>   c++ hello.cc
> to produce a working hello world executable

FWIW, I'd be on board with a proposal for a "trivial build system"
interface to be supported in various toolchains with the same command
line and options. Maybe we can even convince our toolchain vendors to
include such a tool. I think focusing on the compiler executable
specifically as the one having to implement that is a mistake.

Is it lost on people that what we currently call the compiler is already such a trivial build system? And that it's been that way for some decades.

--
-- René Ferdinand Rivera Morell
-- Don't Assume Anything  -- No Supone Nada