Dear SG15,

     To address one of the previous concerns, I've made sure to specifically add a call out a new Word of Power in this proposal: https://thephd.github.io/vendor/future_cxx/papers/d1130.html#wording-intent. It's called resource-location or resource-locations. This will give std::embed and other proposals a well-defined way of referring to a lookup mechanism. It is still implementation-defined where this comes from, but just like include paths I expect this to come from a Resource Path command line parameter that build systems can tap into.

     If you have any other concerns or questions, please do let me know!

Sincerely,
JeanHeyd Meneide

On Mon, Dec 3, 2018 at 6:13 AM JeanHeyd Meneide <phdofthehouse@gmail.com> wrote:
> That's insufficient: to be usable, it must also say that it is
> *the same* for all resource strings, regardless of which facility
> (std::embed, etc) they are used in.

Resource lookup will be exactly what is written in this paper, so long as I can get consensus and move this through the Committee. As the author of std::embed, I have the privilege of moving these papers in sync. Should p1130 be accepted, std::embed will be updated to specifically call out Resource Lookup, as defined in [module.requires] (or whatever it ends up being).