Yep.  And speaking as someone with 250M lines of legacy, I'm well aware of the need to simplify and the need to leave things behind.  See, for instance, http://wg21.link/p0684 - but it has to be a balance.

On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 12:37 PM Boris Kolpackov <boris@codesynthesis.com> wrote:
Titus Winters <titus@google.com> writes:

> Yeah, one of the recognized strengths of C++ is that it doesn't leave all
> of the legacy code behind, generally speaking.

But there is a cost to this legacy support both in time it takes
the committee to figure out the battalions of special cases as well
as the resulting complexity which some of us have no capacity to
handle and which will most likely limit the "toolability" of the
end result.

Boris