1 << 31 poll is not a decision in the sense that the committee decided to make the change. The polled option is contradictory with the option polled immediately after.
The second option has more consensus in the context of the group in the room, but it simply means that both options may be further explored.

-- HT

On Fri, Mar 16, 2018 at 3:06 PM, Myria <myriachan@gmail.com> wrote:
I really don't like this decision on 1 << 31 at all.  I've already
written code that is in a production library that uses 1 << 31 in a
constexpr context, which would be ill-formed.