Re: [SG10] [isocpp-core] Feature-test macro for ADL calls with template arguments?

From: John Spicer <jhs_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2020 16:11:38 -0400
I don’t recall if a feature test macro was discussed for this.

At the time, I think I would have thought one was not needed, but that could be wrong.

There is a workaround of sorts. If you add any function template with the same name and that will be found by normal lookup, then ADL will be done for the function template call with the explicit argument list.

namespace N {
 struct A { };
 template <typename T>
 T func(const A&) { return T(); }
}
template <class T, int x[-sizeof(T)]> void func(); // something uncallable

void f() {
 N::A a;
 func<int>(a);
}

Which is not to say that we shouldn’t add a macro for this.

John.