Subject: Re: [isocpp-lib] Is it intentional that P0357R3 "Supporting Incomplete Types In reference_wrapper" has no feature test macro in N4842?
From: Barry Revzin (barry.revzin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-01-08 19:48:03

On Thu, Jan 9, 2020, 9:15 AM Billy O'Neal (VC LIBS) via Lib <
lib_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2019/p1902r1.html says
> “no macro necessary”. Should I take such attributions in that paper as “SG6
> looked at it and is OK with no macro”?
>

> Billy3

+SG10 (is it too late to rename our document to SD10 for consistency?)

The paper just adds support for incomplete types to reference_wrapper. What
code would you write based on the presence of that feature?

The paper seems to suggest bumping __cpp_lib_reference_wrapper, but we
didnt have that one before, and I'm not sure it makes sense to introduce
for this case?

Barry

SG10 list run by herb.sutter at gmail.com