Re: [SG10] New issue: missing feature test macro for <span>

From: Daniel Krügler <daniel.kruegler_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2019 18:25:45 +0200
Am Do., 5. Sept. 2019 um 13:51 Uhr schrieb Jonathan Wakely <cxx_at_[hidden]>:

> There is no feature test macro for std::span.
>
> For the purposes of SD-6, I think we want two values: 201803L for the original addition of <span> by P0122R7 (Jacksonville, 2018) and then 201902L for the API changes from P1024R3 (Kona, 2019). The C++ working draft only needs the newer value.
>
> Proposed resolution:
>
> Add a row to [tab:support.ft] in [support.limits.general]:
>
> __cpp_lib_span 201902L <span>

A new issue has been created, please reload and double-check:

https://cplusplus.github.io/LWG/issue3274

To everyone else responding to this thread: An issue submission is not
a priority vote. Please wait for the corresponding reflector thread.

@Jonathan: Submitting an issue and adding at the same time the LWG
reflector list on CC has IMO a lot of disadvantages: It adds
additional discussion about the suggested wording (So that I have to
start figuring out the actual submission content based on a
potentially long email thread) and people start voting on it, like in
this case. Please separate the submission email from an LWG discussion
about that issue in the future (Just remove the lwgchair address from
the second kind of email).

Thanks,

- Daniel