Re: [SG10] Another update

From: Nelson, Clark <clark.nelson_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2015 01:28:26 +0000
> Would the conclusion of that position be that we don't backfill for
> features that are already implemented in every shipping compiler we're
> collectively aware of?

That's pretty much where we started back in Bristol.

Our first draft had 8 C++11 macros, all suggested by Tom as things that
were real-world concerns for the Plum Hall suite at the time. The first
publication of SD-6 had 10.

When I updated SD-6 a month ago, we were up to 17. And now that I think
back, I recall that all the new ones were added at the last minute
before the pre-Urbana mailing. I was reluctant to do them in a rush,
but I acquiesced.

(It may have been a mistake to present that table as a stub in the first
place, thereby inviting completion. Formally speaking, of course it was
incomplete at that time, but for real-world practical purposes, it may
already have been as complete as it ever needed to be.)

Clark