Re: [SG10] Results from

From: Nelson, Clark <clark.nelson_at_[hidden]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 21:19:07 +0000
> What comments did you all hear from Chicago?

Thanks for asking, and sorry for not reporting sooner.

> Is features test still considered a good idea?

Oh, absolutely.

There was no substantive feedback for any sort of technical change to the
general approach recommended in N3745, nor to any of the particulars therein
(as far as they go). Instead, there was a straw poll of all the people in
the room to express support for the general approach:

lots strongly in favor
lots weakly in favor
1 abstention
0 opposed (either strongly or weakly)

So, basically, we're in business. :-)

Of course there were some changes made at the meeting that we'll need to
cover. But even before that, I'm going to be talking to Herb about getting
our recommendations hosted on isocpp.org.

> BTW, I am working on implementing this for gcc.

That's really great to hear.

Clark