C++ Logo

liaison

Re: [isocpp-wg14/wg21-liaison] midpoint and lerp

From: Niall Douglas <s_sourceforge_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2024 16:19:32 +0000
On 06/06/2024 17:00, Davis Herring wrote:
>> I have been asked to ask WG14 if midpoint and lerp have made it into the
>> maths library, and if not, where might the minutes of discussion be
>> about why they were rejected?
>
> I don't think they were ever discussed: P0811R3 was adopted before SG22
> existed. Aaron Ballman was often kind enough to mention to one group
> relevant papers brought before the other, but there wasn't any actual
> process.

It looks like P0811 was accepted, so those new math functions are now in
C++.

But am I correct that WG14 has not included them into C?

Would WG14 be open to including into the C standard library WG21
`std::midpoint()` and `std::lerp()` as defined by
https://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2019/p0811r3.html?

Niall