C++ Logo

liaison

Re: [wg14/wg21 liaison] [[unsequenced]] and [[reproducible]]

From: Aaron Ballman <compatibility.sg.chair_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2022 12:41:04 -0500
On Mon, Nov 7, 2022 at 12:30 PM Jonathan Wakely via Liaison
<liaison_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Nov 2022 at 17:21, Timur Doumler via Liaison <liaison_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi SG22,
>>
>> I just learned that C23 appears to have standardised two new attributes that are not in C++23, [[unsequenced]] and [[reproducible]]:
>> https://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg14/www/docs/n2956.htm
>>
>> Could you please confirm that this has in fact landed in the C23 standard? It's already on cppreference.
>
> There's no C23 standard yet, but they're in the C2x draft (see 6.7.12.1 in WG14 N3054).

+1, this landed for C2x.

>> Do you have any views on whether we want these attributes in C++ as well? Has this been discussed before?

We did not discuss this paper in SG22 (there were some timing issues
getting it on the schedule which I failed to resolve in a timely
enough manner), but I'd be more than happy to schedule it if someone
was to bring forth a proposal for WG21. I've CCed in the authors of
the WG14 feature.

~Aaron