C++ Logo

liaison

Re: [wg14/wg21 liaison] Amendment to Next Week's Agenda

From: JeanHeyd Meneide <phdofthehouse_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2022 16:04:51 -0500
On Fri, Feb 4, 2022 at 3:09 PM Aaron Ballman via Liaison <
liaison_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> JeanHeyd has a draft paper in the works for the required changes to C++,
> which
> will help ensure we don't forget to unify the two definitions.

     Here it is: https://isocpp.org/files/papers/D2537R0.html

The changes look pretty simple for C++. We don't even have to go through
the same gymnastics that C does, because we have __VA_OPT__ and can handle
0-sized __VA_ARGS__ lists well, unlike C. (Thomas Köppe has a paper to fix
that, eventually, in C. We might see it during this WG14 meeting when it
resumes the week after next.)

Sincerely,
JeanHeyd