C++ Logo

liaison

Re: [wg14/wg21 liaison] [isocpp-ext] Report from the recent C/C++ liaison meeting (SG22); includes new floating point types(!)

From: Joseph Myers <joseph_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 21:27:45 +0000
On Fri, 17 Sep 2021, Jorg Brown via Liaison wrote:

> Re: "strfromf128", is that documented anywhere? N1312 doesn't mention it
> and Google is surprisingly unhelpful... I presume it's just
> https://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man3/strfromd.3.html but with added types?

You should be using
http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg14/www/docs/n2596.pdf as the current
C23 working draft, which documents strfromd, strfromf and strfroml (and
corresponding strfromd32, strfromd64, strfromd128). N2601 then describes
strfromfN and strfromfNx (and corresponding decimal functions for other
decimal types) by analogy.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph_at_[hidden]