C++ Logo

liaison

Re: [wg14/wg21 liaison] adding punctuator tokens

From: Ville Voutilainen <ville.voutilainen_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2021 14:11:30 +0300
On Thu, 15 Apr 2021 at 13:50, Jens Gustedt <jens.gustedt_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> So then, and if others agree about this assertion, we could have the
> discussion about cultural differences, cultural dominance, personal
> preferences, language imposed coding style, free speech ...

The reason I brought up the deployment and programming concerns is that these
descriptions of yours seem to be talking about something quite different, things
that are very much unrelated to those concerns I mentioned.

I'm not talking about any of those things. I'm talking about "why" and
"how" in the higher
abstraction-level sense, as a logical continuation of "how do the nuts
and bolts work".
These are technical concerns in the very sense of what the word technical means,
and I find it alarming that you list concerns that are far from
technical and manage to
suggest that those are what I'm talking about.

I thus didn't and don't see the connection between the things you do
not want to discuss,
and the things I brought up.

Anyway, back to nuts and bolts. :)