C++ Logo

liaison

[wg14/wg21 liaison] Apr meeting today

From: Aaron Ballman <compatibility.sg.chair_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2021 08:57:17 -0400
Our next meeting will be today at 17:00 UTC
(https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20210409T170000&p1=tz_pt&p2=tz_mt&p3=tz_ct&p4=tz_et&p5=1440&p6=tz_cest).

NOTE: the previous announcement had the time incorrect for some time
zones; the time is correct here and on the WG21 calendar. 17:00 UTC,
1pm ET, 10am PT.

You can join the meeting at https://iso.zoom.us/j/5513145100 with the
same password used as last time (email me if you need it).

We will be discussing the following papers:

Deprecating volatile (https://wg21.link/p1152)
Proposes deprecating some uses of volatile (not the qualifier itself).
The author would like everyone to pay special attention to the
compound operation parts and to be thinking about next steps. The
following are related resources on the topic: https://wg21.link/p2139,
https://wg21.link/p1382, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJW_DLaVXIY,
https://lists.isocpp.org/sg14/2021/02/0552.php The discussion is
expected to take an hour.

Make false and true first-class language features (https://wg21.link/p2311r0)
Proposes to make 'true' and 'false' keywords in C without the
inclusion of stdbool.h. The paper details changes to the core
language, preprocessor, and standard library interfaces. The author
is especially interested in hearing about potential accidental
incompatibilities with C++ or other implementation concerns.

Hope to see you there!

~Aaron