C++ Logo

std-discussion

Re: Is a template parameter a typedef name

From: Daniel Krügler <daniel.kruegler_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2024 13:07:23 +0100
Am Mo., 5. Feb. 2024 um 13:03 Uhr schrieb Sean Mayard via
Std-Discussion <std-discussion_at_[hidden]>:

> Hi I've a doubt in typedef name. In particular, say we have a class template C as shown below. My question is `T` in the following example a typedef-name? I tried reading dcl.typedef but I couldn't pinpoint if that make T typedef-name.
>
> template<typename T> struct C
> {
> //is T a typedef-name here?
> };
>
> Can someone tell me which clause makes T a typedef-name?
>
> Regards,
>
> --

[temp.param] p3 says:

"The identifier in a type-parameter is not looked up. A type-parameter
whose identifier does not follow an
ellipsis defines its identifier to be a typedef-name (if declared
without template) or template-name (if declared
with template) in the scope of the template declaration."

- Daniel