C++ Logo

std-discussion

Re: simple-template-id in a constructor declaration

From: Anoop Rana <ranaanoop986_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2024 13:24:11 +0530
The program is ill-formed in C++20 and onwards as explained here in this
stackoverflow question's answer
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/71972000/is-having-a-declaration-stackt-for-the-default-ctor-valid-inside-a-class-te>.
In the above you'll find answer for pre and post C++20. It's just that not
all compilers have implemented/applied this change yet. Demo
<https://godbolt.org/z/7dqMhYaxd>. Only gcc correctly rejects this in C++20
while and msvc and clang both accepts this and looks like they have not yet
made this change in their implementation.