C++ Logo

std-discussion

Re: [basic#life-6] unclear what happens if the storage is actually re-used

From: Mykola Garkusha <garkusha.mykola_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2023 08:28:18 +0000
This would mean that for a much broader set of use cases, the original
pointer could be used as void* and refer to the address of the allocated
storage. Is there any target platform that may change the address of the
storage at runtime or how to interpret it? That "re-used" clause seems to
protect against something like this.

Mykola