C++ Logo

std-discussion

Re: What should I do after lack of comment on a proposal?

From: Breno Guimarães <brenorg_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2023 20:27:04 -0300
I can feel his pain.

Although "that's not how a proposal becomes a proposal", the instructions
to create a proposal emphasize heavily the feedback and iteration process
with the replies on this list.

Sometimes people on this list will just skim through a proposal and shoot
it down without even giving the proper thought.

Other times, there won't be an answer.

And more often than not, the wildest proposals have the most amount of
engagement because they are easier to shoot down.

But it is what it is. Many people are doing this for free on their spare
time.

Not sure how it can be improved, but it's a valid discussion.

Best regards
Breno G.