C++ Logo

liaison

Re: [wg14/wg21 liaison] C and C++ Compatibility Aug Agenda

From: Christof Meerwald <cmeerw_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 14:07:08 +0200
On Wed, Aug 10, 2022 at 12:44:52PM +0200, Corentin via Liaison wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 10, 2022 at 11:39 AM Christof Meerwald <cmeerw_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 10, 2022 at 08:37:13AM +0200, Corentin via Liaison wrote:
> > > New revision which will be in the august mailing
> > > https://isocpp.org/files/papers/P2620R1.pdf
> >
> > I don't understand how the wording is supposed to work as you are
> > still replacing universal-character-names in
> > https://eel.is/c++draft/lex.phases#1.3.sentence-6. Did you intend to
> > change that?
> Ugh, thanks for noticing that.
> Yes, the intent was to remove that sentence entirely, and I can see how not
> removing it could have led to a lot of confusion,
> sorry about that.
> The idea is that UCNs can ever appear in identifiers (and strings) and are
> therefore only replaced there (Thanks Jens for the wording suggestion)

Ok... what about keywords then, e.g. \u0062ool

My understanding would be that we now get an identifier "bool" in
translation phase 4 and the keyword "bool" in translation phase 7?

But in your reply to Hubert you said you shouldn't be able to use UCNs
for keywords, so I guess the intention is that this should be
ill-formed, but where do we say that now?

Christof

https://cmeerw.org                             sip:cmeerw at cmeerw.org
mailto:cmeerw at cmeerw.org                   xmpp:cmeerw at cmeerw.org