C++ Logo

liaison

Re: [wg14/wg21 liaison] [isocpp-sg21] Telecon to review P2388R1 Minimum Contract Support: either Ignore or Check_and_abort

From: Caleb Sunstrum <calebs_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2021 10:27:29 -0600
I don't have anything useful to add, other than:

I agree that this seems a better syntax space that will afford us much
greater flexibility and accuracy with any future extensions to Contracts
beyond the MVP, and the only downside I can see is that it's potentially
difficult as a reader to discern where the function body actually begins.

That downside seems a reasonable price to pay for the improved (IMO) syntax.

/Caleb

P.S. I felt it necessary to voice my support for the proposal of the
alternate syntax so that there's encouragement for a proper paper to be
written to propose it :)