C++ Logo

liaison

Re: [wg14/wg21 liaison] C trap representations and unspecified values versus C++ indeterminate values

From: Freek Wiedijk <freek_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2020 17:19:09 +0200
Dear Martin,

>I agree, although I do not see it as a contradiction to
>the proposed provenance model.

In the proposed model subobjects are problematic, because
the "provenance" tagging is on the object level. In the
"dual model" that I think is a better approach, subobject
"provenance" becomes trivial, because there is no provenance
anymore in the first place.

The main problem (as always) is how to synthesize an abstract
object out of an object representation consisting of bytes.

Freek